Bunnymen / Warsaw Village Band

manny at garfieldartworks.com manny at garfieldartworks.com
Mon Nov 9 11:56:47 EST 2009

sorry, but that polite version doesn't take into consideration how
disappointed I was that I widely promoted this show to a bunch of
audiences who should have been directly interested, namely:
1) the Calliope boomer-folk crowd  (400 inserts in the Klezmatics
programs, e-blasts to their mailing list, announcement on their website)
2) the indie 'Pandemic' global beats/Balkan-hipster crowd (constant
reminders on the Roboto Board, handbilling at the Hawk & A Hacksaw show,
flyers at Brillobox, etc)
3) the goth/dark cabaret/gypsy crowd (extensive South Side flyering,
handbilling at Voltaire,
announcements on this list, flyering at YIV, inserts in the menus at Gypsy
Cafe, etc)
none of whom showed up at all.
and yet the show squeaked out a considerable success without any of those
people thanks simply to a large turnout of Poles, plus the largesse of
Pitt Arts, and the PA Council on the Arts.
that is what i meant.
and when I do that much promotion work without any results, it grates on
the nerves. because I could've been doing something else instead. plus it
shows how little most people around here care about paying attention to an
event that was truly unique and unusual, yet eminently accessible and
enjoyable. so what else is new.

-mt