Roll Call

taratempalski at gmail.com taratempalski at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 12:44:44 EDT 2009

I am still here!

I suppose I am known as DJ Mass Hysteria, former Night Shift dj and "den
mother" of Ceremony for nearly a decade. While I have a deep appreciation
for goth/industrial/dark alternative music and whathaveyou, I have
extremely diverse tastes that range from classic & new g/i to motown, glam
rock, pop, classic rock, alt country, jazz, funk, electronica, hip hop,
downtempo, experimental, new wave and indie dance music. I am pretty much
the polar opposite of a genre snob. I usually listen to 3WS in my car,
folks.

I am also the creator/dj behind Halcyon, a FREE monthly
downtempo/trip-hop/electronica night held at the Z:Lounge (upstairs) the
3rd Friday of every month. I am proud to say I've kept it going for 2 1/2
years now. We have a Facebook group that reflects schedule updates and
events: http://tinyurl.com/y8kp2bd and a MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/halcyonpgh

Additionally, I spin (along with several other diverse djs) at Super Secret
Dance Party (SSDP), which is a fun little dance party at The Smiling Moose
every Saturday night. We typically play a broad range of new wave,
post-punk, alternative, pop & indie dance music with a smattering of
goth/industrial for good measure. Definitely not a night for genre snobs;
nor militant non-smokers (the Moose is smoker friendly). SSDP is also FREE.
We also have a FB group that reflects schedule updates and events:
http://tinyurl.com/y9mwl2p and a MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/supersecretdanceparty

Due to all sorts of grown-up responsibilities and my involvement with the
events mentioned above, I'm not able to support other events and shows as
much as I would like to these days. But I am glad to see so many people
still doing things, or at the very least, trying to. Even though Pittsburgh
is not a bustling mega-metropolis, there ARE still cool things *always*
going on and I want to lovingly punch people in the throat who claim
otherwise. :)

Some info might need to be updated on here a bit, but I created this handy
map a while ago that highlights various merchants, bars and events in the
Pittsburgh area that may be of interest to the gothically inclined:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=111689695720494572798.00044d1c7631a23fbab37&t=h&z=12

Keep on truckin', Pgh-goth-list. ;)

--Tara