HackPittsburgh's Hacky Halloween!

gwen gwenix at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 15:00:39 EDT 2009

Hack Pittsburgh (http://www.hackpittsburgh.org/) is a non-profit,
community-based workshop that allows members to come together and
share skills & tools to pursue creative projects. Our membership is
open to everyone but typically comprises inventors, engineers,
scientists, programmers, hobbyists, artists, roboteers, families,
entrepreneurs, and arts and crafts enthusiasts. Our focus is on
collaboration, education, and community outreach. We’re a benevolent
group and do not promote or condone illegal activities. The term
“hacking” is used in a benign sense, in the context of deconstructing
and understanding objects and systems and re-purposing existing
materials for new and innovative uses.

In other words, we make stuff.  It's a lot of fun.

So, we're having this Hacky Halloween party on October 28th at the
Brillobox, starting at 8pm.  It's $5 at the door, and there'll be a
DIY costume contest, concert, and other stuff going on all night.
Plus, I'll be DJing at some point (TBD when, but it'll likely be
earlier in the evening).  I won't be *heavy* on the goth, I'm going to
concentrate more on 80s and modern alternative hits (AFI, Yeah Yeah
Yeahs, etc); but you know I'm going to break out some rendition of
"Every Day is Halloween"!

Come enjoy the festivities and find out what Hack Pittsburgh is really about!

--
Gwendolyn R. Schmidt