new in town

jdecay at att.net jdecay at att.net
Thu Oct 29 09:34:45 EDT 2009

Parking can be more than a little trying at times, especially on the weekend. My advice would be to try parking off the river side of Carson, as opposed to off the mountain side of Carson. You can also sometimes find parking on 18th right before the intersection of 18th and Josephine, if you don't mind a bit of a walk.

All that being said, there really isn't a completely Goth/Industrial night on the South Side. The Smiling Moose does spin some on Saturdays at the Super Secret Dance Party, and I think on Sundays as well, though I could be wrong on that.

Remedy in Lawrenceville does host a once-a-month Goth/Industrial event called The Hanging Garden.

And then there are the various concerts in town, both touring acts and local. The venues for those range all over the city (and unfortunately, outside - one booking company seems to think that Cheswick counts as Pittsburgh). And right now those are the most regular Goth/Industrial-related events happening in Pittsburgh. It's rare that I've gone two weeks without going to a show of late.

-------------- Original message from Amanda Lord <amalgam111 at hotmail.com>: --------------