Midian

jdecay at att.net jdecay at att.net
Thu Feb 4 18:14:13 EST 2010

I don't recall seeing any mention of it on ye olde list, but there's a new weekly club night called Midian on Thursday's at Fate Lounge (former Rosebud space, though it looks far better than Rosebud ever did).

Though the music definitely favors Industrial, there's just enough Goth thrown in to balance things out. And the Industrial side of things has a good deal of variation - from old school to new. I've been every week since it started and have enjoyed every night. The space is beautiful and parking is pretty easy (I'll admit to having first been a little nervous about that).

About the only squick is that it started of All-ages, but was moved to 21+ when only a single-digit number of underagers were showing up. A shame, but completely understandable. I remember when Ceremony at Club Laga used to pull so many young folks in...I guess times have changed.

I'm certainly looking forward to Midian tonight.