Sat 9/28: DEAD FAME/MANCONTROL. Is this show goth enough for you?

manny at garfieldartworks.com manny at garfieldartworks.com
Mon Sep 16 13:21:57 EDT 2013

Well...you just missed another great show last night, when Edgar-Um &
Cutups brought Youth Code to the Brillobox. A band that sounded like early
Skinny Puppy and Portion Control, and has
a great new LP on Dais Records. It crushed. if you see Tella Dictorian,
ask her how it went...she DJ'd between the bands. Hopefully you won't miss
this show as well!! :)

Sat Sep 28    8 pm  all ages  $7  ($1 off if you mention the board)
Garfield Artworks, 4931 Penn Avenue

is this show goth enough for you?

Richmond dark postpunks
DEAD FAME
http://http://deadfame.bandcamp.com/
US indie rock band Dead Fame take many of their cues from post-punk bands
such as Wire, Gang of Four, Bauhaus, and New Order. By adding a
contemporary pop twist to elements inspired by ambitious and sometimes
darker ethos, Dead Fame appeals to listeners looking for both lyrical and
challenging melodies, as well as those who relish in electronic club
beats.

Memphis synth-noise sinewave duo (compare to Suicide)
featuring Dave Shouse, ex-frontman of 90s indie icons The Grifters
MANCONTROL
http://soundcloud.com/mancontrol
>mancontrol< make music from monophonic, single waveforms there are no
guitars, drum kits or do-it-all digital synthesizer workstations. there
are no computer programs or MIDI controllers
we process these waveforms through feedback loop pedals equipped with
photo-optic cells, allowing light & shadow to alter the audio
characteristics of our "songs". these "songs" are products of each
particular venue & show; the focus being on intuitive creation rather than
arranged music that is then replicated each time we perform. we do not
play on a stage to an audience. we prefer a setup that allows people
attending the show the opportunity to interact with the band using their
own light source (cell phone, flashlight, etc.) or by interrupting an
existing light source (moving or dancing between a spotlight & a feedback
pedal's photo-optic "eye").
each show becomes a unique event. >mancontrol< requires nothing more than
a space to play in & the ability to control the lighting in this space.

with special guests
Shutterdown
and Agnes Wired for Sound