An important ? for the romantics out there from the Cheezeboi...

B beep at telerama.com
Tue Dec 23 10:35:33 EST 2003

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 johneich at comcast.net wrote:

>       If anyone remembers me I am the Cheezeboi. In February I am
> getting engaged to a very wonderful woman. I have come up with a
> couple ideas on how to propose but none of them have panned out. To
> all of you romantics out there such as myself, I am now considering
> new ideas.

I'm not a natural romantic, but if you're in a monogamous relationship,
here's a fun one:

Have a guy she doesn't know flirt with her.  Show that you're
uncomfortable, but he persists.  Finally:

YOU:  I wish you'd stop hitting on my girlfriend.
GUY:  Hey, if you're not married, she's free to play the field.
YOU:  Fine.  (one knee)
GUY:  You look ridiculous, what, are you going to propose?  Without a
ring?
YOU:  (produce ring)
GUY:  Well, congradulations, let me buy you a drink!

I'm also a naturally sadistic person with a surreal sense of humor, so
this might be far less amusing to you than me.

Of course, having a waiter produce it on a tray after a nice dinner is
pretty classic.

brian j. parker
dj, geek, & black-clad cliche

dj badtz  .  http://blackbadtz.lm.com  .  all that is wrong about music