goth babe bands in Jane magazine

B beep at telerama.com
Tue Nov 4 09:31:13 EST 2003

The current (December 2003, Halle Berry on cover) Jane magazine has an
interesting piece inside.  For those unaware, Jane is helmed by Jane
Pratt, editor of the now defunct Sassy (in the early days).

The short (less than half a page) mini-article is titled "Goth babes are
so hot right now," probably only half tongue-in-cheek (it's a pretty
bi/lesbian-friendly publication).  There's a joke about Evanescence ("any
true freak of the night knows they're just pop...") and short write-ups
(with URLs and pictures) for Collide, Android Lust, Switchblade Symphony
(www.night-sky.net/switch, Kelly!), and Tapping the Vein.

It's nice to see a mainstream publication mentioning some non-major-label
bands, and although quibbling over the definition of "goth" might be
applicable, they're closer to the mark than any other big magazine I've
seen.  I find Jane to be a pretty fun magazine, when I can get Jen to let
me read it after she's done.  ^_^

brian j. parker
dj, geek, & black-clad cliche

dj badtz  .  http://blackbadtz.lm.com  .  all that is wrong about music