goth babe bands in Jane magazine

Christy Sawyer christy at spookee.net
Thu Nov 6 21:15:36 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "B" <beep at telerama.com>
To: "Pgh Goths" <pgh-goth-list at listless.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 9:31 AM
Subject: goth babe bands in Jane magazine

> The current (December 2003, Halle Berry on cover) Jane magazine has an
> interesting piece inside.  For those unaware, Jane is helmed by Jane
> Pratt, editor of the now defunct Sassy (in the early days).
>
> The short (less than half a page) mini-article is titled "Goth babes are
> so hot right now," probably only half tongue-in-cheek (it's a pretty
> bi/lesbian-friendly publication).  There's a joke about Evanescence ("any
> true freak of the night knows they're just pop...") and short write-ups
> (with URLs and pictures) for Collide, Android Lust, Switchblade Symphony
> (www.night-sky.net/switch, Kelly!), and Tapping the Vein.
>
> It's nice to see a mainstream publication mentioning some non-major-label
> bands, and although quibbling over the definition of "goth" might be
> applicable, they're closer to the mark than any other big magazine I've
> seen.  I find Jane to be a pretty fun magazine, when I can get Jen to let
> me read it after she's done.  ^_^

I really enjoy Jane magazine. It's got a sense of humor the majority of
other women's magazines lack. The goth chick who wrote that article is one
of my favorite on the Jane staff. :) There's also a giveaway, if you send
'em a postcard (or something like that) you might win a copy of the Android
Lust CD. They have 30 copies.

Christy
http://www.spookee.net