a really big ball of silly putty!

tundra tundra at telerama.com
Sun Nov 16 12:10:29 EST 2003

My freshman year of college a guy decided to drop 100 lbs from the roof of
our engineering building.  I still have 2 lbs of it somewhere.

In 1989 there was the great Silly Putty drop here at Alfred University.  A
graduate student decided to do an experiment to settle the question of what
would happen to a ball of Silly Putty if dropped from a certain height.
Would the putty bounce, break, or splatter?  An egg of Silly Putty that
weighed 100 pounds was dropped from the roof of McMahon Engineering
Building.  This drew a crowd all wondering what was going to happen.  When
it was dropped, the ball bounced about 8 feet into the air, returned to
Earth, and shattered on the second impact.

-Brett