a really big ball of silly putty!

deeann mikula hartmann goth at d33ann.com
Sat Nov 15 17:33:40 EST 2003

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, derek.cf.PEGRITZ wrote:

> > my husband at some point decided that buying silly putty
> > directly from dow chemical company was a great idea....
>
> That has *got* to be the most retarded thing I've ever heard of....I mean,
> that's so retarded I honestly can't believe someone beat ME to the punch in
> doing it!

heh.  yah, i laughed good and hard when he explained what the big box
in the utility closet of our first apartment was.  then he explained
how he's made the purchase price over several times by selling off 1lb
pieces around his office, and i stopped laughing and though, "damn,
the boy makes money in the weirdest schemes."

but in the past year, he's tapped out his immediate market and still
has TWENTY POUNDS leftover.

> Hmmm....With that amount of Silly Putty, I bet I could "carbon-copy" an
> entire *person* just like I would a panel from Gasoline Alley in the Sunday
> Funnies.

i just keep thinking about how far it would stretch or how high it
would bounce.  i mean, if i dropped that thing off the space needle it
might land in idaho...

deeann mikula hartmann

"the limits of my language mean the limits of my world."
   --ludwig wittgenstein, tractatus logico-hilosophicus