tomorrow: the real cultural litmus test

DennisCraigLee at aol.com DennisCraigLee at aol.com
Wed Nov 19 21:40:33 EST 2003

In a message dated 11/19/2003 7:13:47 PM Eastern Standard Time, salo at rcn.com
writes:

> So what if the filmmaker preferred no sound?  Creating music to go with a
> film that doesn't have any sounds like a perfectly reasonable concept to me.

I'm inclined to agree. Brakhage's opinion can be duly noted, then dismissed.
He's not likely to punch anyone out now, is he? For art purists, I suggest
they use earplugs during the performance. Sadly, that will only make the blood
thump in their ears, creating an unwelcomed - gasp! - rhythm... and baspheming
their god Brakhage with unsolicited sound once again. What to do? Perhaps
ripping their hearts out of their bodies so that the last sight into their dying
eyes is their beloved Brakhage's images.

excuse me,
DCL