new Ceremony website + coat check

Ancilla Sea-Maid ancilla6 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 21:17:15 EDT 2003

--- Christy <Christy at spookee.net> wrote:

> I noticed the change the other day, because I
> couldn't find the search feature for the playlists.
> The only thing I ever did on that site was search
> through the old playlists <snip>

well hon, don't worry because that feature will come
back. someone is choosing the right provider for the
index/search services and will set it up. i could even
let you know when it's up and running once again.

--- deeann mikula hartmann <goth at d33ann.com> wrote:

> what was wrong with the old site?

oh, i dunno dee....maybe everyone met and decided that
there wasn't enough going on atm for everyone else to
bitch about? oh, i kid.

> i don't know, but it says something more
> like "brochure website for a late 90s
> company" than anything about "goth/industrial" to
> me.

well, precisely. it's cleaner and doesn't lend too
many preconceived notions to the viewer. though, the
stylized images of people dancing implies: fun,
social, dancing, etc. you know that whole "ask 10
people what goth or goth-night is like, and you'll get
ten different answers" thing....it gives the viewer
the basic gist of the club without the in-your-face
images. the revolving picture show on the front page
was getting top billing, while it's also the playlists
and other aspects that define the experience in
greater detail. for someone who has been to the club
many times, this probably doesn't impact you the way
it would if you were considering whether or not to
check out the night for the first time.

<3
Tamara