what i'm doing on thursday...

Kelly Ashkettle kellya at night-sky.net
Mon Oct 13 21:59:20 EDT 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, deeann mikula hartmann wrote:

> nope.  you have stauchly defended an all ages club to the point where
> you actually convinced me to change my mind about it!  now, i don't
> much like hanging out with 18 year olds when i'm out clubbing, but you
> are right, the scene needs the youths to keep it going.

Besides appreciating the enthusiasm of youth and wanting more people at
events, I *remember*. I remember what it felt like to have Boo get kicked
out of a club before I got to talk to him. I remember when there were
shows I desperately wanted to go to but wasn't allowed to. I remember when
there was no club night that I was old enough to attend.

It wasn't about alcohol for me. It was about music. It just didn't seem
fair.

I swore that once I was over 21, I wouldn't forget, and would do what I
could to help people who were under 21 enjoy the music that I loved.

I like to think I've kep that promise to myself...

--KellyA