what i'm doing on thursday...

Ray rlink at chemlab.org
Tue Oct 14 11:12:09 EDT 2003

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Christy Sawyer wrote:

> all ages in every scene, blah etc stuff. I'm all about "mixing it up with
> the kids", just as long as they're not obsessed with sneaking into the bar.
> Those kids suck so hard.

Sneak schmeak - they're getting outright blatant about it.

I've worked as a bouncer a few times recently at Ceremony when the club
has been short-staffed, and the crap I saw in just a few weeks made me
annoyed by "the kids" even more.

One kid repeatedly begged me to let him into the bar, and then hung out
right by the entrance of the cage for 20 minutes when I wouldn't let him,
waiting for a chance to sneak in.  You've already made yourself know to
me, stupid.  You think I'm not going to notice?

Someone else snuck a can of Yuengling (a CAN?!?  of Yuengling?!?!
WTF?) into the club and left it on one of the tables in the upper deck
of Kiddieland in a look-what-i-got-away-with gesture.  I'm sure the
extensive bag/backpack searches and heavy staff presence in the upper
room for the next couple of weeks made him or her a very popular person.

That's also not to mention the underage hip-hoppers that tried to bribe
two of us $700 to let them in through the back door so they could go
upstairs to Laga w/o showing ID.

Of course, the bar thing also works both ways.  I had some woman who
looked about 50 offer to flash me her chest to convince me to let her
take her bottle of Budweiser outside the cage.  I passed.

-- Ray

magnae clunes mihi placent, nec possum de hac re mentiri!