New to the list... (yes, newbie central)

B beep at telerama.com
Tue Oct 14 14:52:07 EDT 2003

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Rebekah wrote:

> Recently moved to the area after a few years in Boston (frequent
> attendee of ManRay, if any of you know it...) and I'm looking to get
> into the "gothic culture" of PGH.

Hi, Rebekah, and welcome!

As Bo^H^Hmy non-benevolent spiritual guide would point out, we're a lot
nicer in real life than online, so don't be shy.  We don't bite.  (Unless
you wan... oh, hell, that joke was tired eight years ago.)

> After being here a month or so I've yet to discover anyone able to
> introduce my to the local venues.  Can you (a general "you") help me
> find the place(s) to go?

As Ray posted, Ceremony is the only real G/I club night going.  The venue,
in Oakland, also hosts several shows.  This weekend will be my last night
DJing there for some time (I'm semi-retiring to spend more time with my
beloved Playstation) so I'll certainly be around if you want to say hello.
I love meeting new people.

There are frequent shows in other locations, like the Rex Theater (on the
South Side of Pittsburgh).

brian j. parker
dj, geek, & black-clad cliche

dj badtz  .  http://blackbadtz.lm.com  .  all that is wrong about music