bovvers

manny at telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Wed Oct 22 14:01:36 EDT 2003

it was always there. it used to be called a military surplus store, owned
by the same guy as bovvers. he just consolidated the two operations.
oakland rents are getting astronomical. kunst bakery is gone, telaropa
is about to shut. all indie stores are slowly being
forced out, only chains are coming in. looks to me like ron levick might
also be trying to adapt to this reality - if oakland is being de-punked
then the punk audience leaves with it.

PENN AVENUE BABY.