Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt

Kelly Ashkettle kellya at night-sky.net
Wed Oct 22 14:56:40 EDT 2003

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 manny at telerama.com wrote:

> > Hey, maybe Joker will open a club...
>
> And that would  help anyone other than Joker, how?

It would help all the bands he books and all the people who go to his
shows.

Since he books concerts that draw 200-800 people about 3-5 times a week,
he certainly has incentive to help make sure he has a venue. Whether he
has everything that's necessary to open a venue and whether he would make
it practical for anyone else to use that venue, is of course, another
story that probably has a sad ending.

Someone must be going to do something, though, right? Perhaps in another
neighborhood, as you suggested? How can Pittsburgh possibly get by with no
place for concerts other than arenas and tiny bars? I just can't imagine
that a vacuum like that could exist for long.

--Kelly
WED. OCT. 29: The Last Dance, Deviant, and Domiana
at Club Sanctuary in Salt Lake City, Utah
More info at http://www.gothbandphotos.com