RIP Elliott Smith

Joey joey at shat.org
Thu Oct 23 15:56:07 EDT 2003

I finally made it to pgh around 10:45 and we drove by quiet storm.. if it
was the place (blue neon outside) it looked dead.. maybe 2 people inside.
we had a rough trip up due to some non-related bs and just went downtown to
our room and grabbed a cab and hung out in the south side area.  I know
there's a big population difference between our two cities, but I was really
surprised by the low number of people out on the streets.  (especially so
near a college campus)

Like all cities I'm sure there are 'spots' that are busier then others and a
Tuesday night isn't a big party night for anyone other then students and bar
workers.

I wasn't really thrilled with the Penn ave. area..  like you said.. maybe
that area will be hot in 10 years when some money finally makes its way
there.  I could see picking up space there cheap though.

the south side area was decent.. but the lack of foot traffic of course is
scary.