guess what

idlechic idlechic at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 15:25:09 EST 2003

From: "derek.cf.PEGRITZ" <pegritz at hpl-laboratories.com>

> Well, now--hopefully this taught you a lesson: people *do not* stop for
> pedestrians in this city. Even soccer moms. Hell, I saw a middle-aged
yuppie

i dunno, i think pauline may have had the right idea when she said it was
her fault because she was jaywalking.  i'm all for pedestrians being able to
safely cross the street, but i'm also all for drivers being able to drive
without people crossing the street every 5 ft.  if you can't cross the
street properly, you deserve to get hit...well, usually; the driver should
be driving properly, too, of course.  i believe it was rhode island that
used to have a "pedestrians always have the right of way" law; they repealed
it because it was just ridiculous.

i'm glad to hear you're ok pauline, but next time, look both ways before
crossing the street.  :)

jolie.