(no subject)

MT fachmoir at freedminds.com
Mon Sep 22 15:39:23 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wil Welsh" <vort3xxx at earthlink.net>
> People who want out of here typically have never been elsewhere or
> have had some personal trauma here unrelated to the environment the city
> provides.

I have been elsewhere. Would be willing to bet more so than most on this list. I do not recall any personal trauma either. I find this city lacking in many ways for many reasons. I find the enviroment this city offers to be shite. Some people I know have made it bearable - that and drinking.

> Its a safe, relatively cheap city with somewhat decent public
> transportation and a little art & subculture everywhere.

Relatively safe comapred to where?
Quite a few shootings, muggings and other misc violent crimes reported in Pittsburgh weekly.
Pittsburgh's "subculture" is at best cliched and outdated. The majority of Pittsburgh seems to think its either the late 70s or early 80s still.  Public transporation is not too bad really. It is overpriced and lacking in its scheduling compared to some other larger cities.

Wil, you talk like you came from a small town near here. Now that you are here its brilliant and just what you thought a big city should be. Its not.  0.o

How anyone can or would want to live out life in Pittsburgh is beyond me.
And yes,  I am working to get out here.

-Mi