(no subject)

Christy christy at spookee.net
Mon Sep 22 13:18:10 EDT 2003

I thought it was an odd statement as well. I realize I'm one of those
people who only lived there for college, and therefore my experience is
different, but most people I know moved away because of career
aspirations. Pgh was my "starter city". It's like the first car you
buy. Not meant to last a lifetime, but you really love it and get a lot
out of it for a couple of years. ;)

> > Its a safe, relatively cheap city with somewhat decent public
> > transportation and a little art & subculture everywhere.
>
> Relatively safe comapred to where?
> Quite a few shootings, muggings and other misc violent crimes
>reported in Pittsburgh weekly.

I was always told that Pgh was a very safe city, but then again, I was
assaulted twice by strangers with no provocation in the 4 years I lived
there. Once on Forbes Ave at 3 pm on a Sunday by a large drunk who
decided he really needed to kiss me. Whee! The best part was when no
one would help me. I suppose it's as safe as any mid-sized city
though. :P

Christy
http://www.spookee.net