fish heads

B beep at telerama.com
Mon Sep 29 15:19:50 EDT 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, deeann mikula hartmann wrote:

> well, it's not that you are too lazy, but from what i remember, it's
> really hard to have the quality sound the same between cd and vinyl.
> or maybe i'm just remembering one or two times when it was noticable.
>
> *dee braces herself for the inevitable vinyl vs. cd debate now

There are certainly compelling arguments for both mediums, which I won't
rehash here.  The difference you noticed is one that's hard for me to
explain because I'm not technically savvy: basically, turntables don't
send an amplified signal like CD players.  Unless you ground the turntable
properly (which I tried to do in a very ghetto way) it will affect the
sound quality.  It wasn't a problem with the medium per se as with the
equipment being (ab)used.

Right now, it is laziness, because I've simply decided that the minimal
amount of vinyl I own (~100 pieces, much of it pretty old) isn't worth the
effort of finding a house turntable (my own is busted) and setting it up
properly.

brian j. parker
dj, geek, & black-clad cliche

dj badtz  .  <http://blackbadtz.lm.com>  .  all that is wrong about music