Hungry Glow question

Brian J. Parker beep at telerama.com
Thu Apr 1 19:35:10 EST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Rickness wrote:

> I know, I'm a dork who's about a year out of date.  Well, I see two
> copies of Hungry lucy's Glow.  They have slightly different track
> arrangments.

I don't think you are such a dork, Hungry Lucy didn't really do as well as
I would have expected.

There were three versions of Glow: the 2 CD domestic version, the 1 CD
import, and the 2 CD import.

I think that the import 2 CD is best.  You probably won't care about the
included photographs, but I think that the better remixes are on it.  Is
it worth the extra money?... probably not.  All of the beautiful original
songs are on both versions, just in a different order.

If money is no object, get both the domestic AND the import 2 CD.  Both
have some good remixes; each has a different ThouShaltNot remix, which
must drive completist fans crazy.  Of course, I am probably the only
person crazy enough to have both!

No matter which version you get, expect something different from their
first album.  This one is warmer and more lush; the first seems more
tragic and claustrophobic by comparison.

Hope this helps,
Brian