Depeche Mode, voice cloans etc

Rickness elheme at eyesclosed.net
Fri Apr 2 16:20:11 EST 2004

One thing I will say about Depeche mode that sets them apart from a lot of
the modern synthpop stuff I've heard is that they use a wider range of tunes
for songs.  Synthpop, whateve, tends to be limited to an almost uniform
range of pitches, a failing Depeche mode avoided for the most part.

The lecture on synthpop was interesting.  It reenforced the concept that it
coms down to musical wanking. Honestly it reminds me of the different
christian splinter groups that arose in the 17 to 2x centuries.

I could have swarn I saw www.amazon.com refer to covenant as EDM.