Needle Sharing great! / tons of great shows coming!

Pope Jeremy automaticlarynx at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 21:19:32 EDT 2004

--- manny at telerama.com wrote:

> Even though you probably weren't there, the Needle
> Sharing / Larvae show
> was great. Some super pounding shit - my PA can
> handle Panacea-level
> industro D&B, no problem. 25 people came, pretty
> good for a Tuesday in
> Garfield for lesser known artists (even if one was
> from Germany).  Locals
> Xanopticon and Prometheus Burning (powernoise
> debut!) made a good
> showing. Both Geoff Wrecked and the Ad Noiseam merch
> guy sold a lot of
> stuff. There were a good number of 'fringe goths'
> there. Next time, you
> should join them!

What's a fringe goth? Are you a Fringe Goth if you're
a goth who dresses like this
http://allnative.bizland.com/745zof2.jpg ?

- Pope Jeremy

> Here's some more stuff coming up soon:
>
> Tue 4/13 - I Am Robot and Proud (synthpop IDM from
> Toronto)
>  with Random Number, Sixteens (dark synthrock from
> S.F.) and Styles for
> Modern Living (ex-Joybox)
>    8 pm  $6 all ages @ Garfield Artworks
>
> Thu 4/15 - Mixel Pixel (IDM electro-rock from NYC,
> great costumes!)
>   with Hearts of Darknesses (Cleveland), Alan Astor
> (NYC), Torus and
>   8 Cylinder (rockin the gameboys)
>   8 pm  $6  all ages @ Garfield Artworks
>
> Tue 4/20 - Travelogue (80s synthpop from the Joy
> Electric/Plastiq Musiq
> camp, fans of A Different Drum will love it)
>   with Promisebook, Anna Ranger, and DJ Ancilla
> Sea-Maid, praise the lord!
>   8 pm  $7  all ages  @ Garfield Artworks
>
> also if that wasn't enough,
>   4/22 - The Fall and New Model Army @ Brewhouse
>   4/23 - Something About Vampires and Sluts @
> Garfield Artworks
>   4/25 - Erik Friedlander (from John Zorn's Masada
> String Trio)
>    performing work inspired by Lautreamont's
> 'Maldoror' @ Garfield Artworks
>
> see you there! (or be square)

=====
http://automaticlarynx.shadyhouse.com

In 1977 there were 150 Elvis impersonators. By 1999 there were 35,000. If this rate of growth continues, by the year 2019, more than one third of the world's population will be Elvis impersonators.