Ceremony / guest DJ Nurse Allison

S. Alexander Reed smr71+ at pitt.edu
Sun Apr 11 15:46:06 EDT 2004

>seriously, did anyone go? how was she last night? i wanted to show up for
>moral support, but... i'm sure she did fine.

People did go, and they danced quite a lot, though the night took
longer to pick up than normal.  People going home for Easter and
general confusion over Laga's closing might have affected it, but by
the night's end, it was packed. Allison did a very commendable job
with noteworthy technical skill.  She played quite a bit of harder
stuff like Manufactura, Grendel, E-Craft, Aslan Faction, and P.A.L.,
which to contrast I wussed out and played Kitchens of Distinction,
Stellastarr*, Barry Adamson, and an outstanding Russian gothic
surfrock band called Bravo.  It was a cool night.

At the end when Nurse Allison was announced as having been the guest
DJ, people gave her a nice hand of applause, so I hope she felt
welcome and appreciated.

-Alexx
ThouShaltNot