TFS determined to fry bacon inside the Upstage

Christy Sawyer christy at spookee.net
Fri Apr 16 16:17:43 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian J. Parker" <beep at telerama.com>
To: "Pgh Goths" <pgh-goth-list at listless.org>
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: TFS determined to fry bacon inside the Upstage

> Bacon is one of the few meats that is really difficult to fake.  Hot dogs
> are easy, seitan beef and chicken can pass for the real thing when
> prepared correctly, fake ham and pepperoni are downright eerie, and Boca
> makes sausage links that taste better than the real thing.  But fake
> bacon?... gross, disgusting, and totally unrealistic.

It depends on what form of bacon. The bacon bits that come on top of
cheese-covered fries and baked potatoes at various restaraunts are often
Bacos, which don't have any meat in them whatsoever. :) I've seen many a
vegetarian send back the soy-bacon bits only to have the chef come out to
explain and show them the ingredients on the label. heh.

Christy
http://www.spookee.net - look!
http://www.anilineblack.com - buy!