[music] keeping up with the joneses

Pauline Law electronvolt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 20:41:01 EST 2004

Can anyone make music recommendations to me, please? I hadn't heard of
1/3 of the artists that bridget included in her recent mix. The only
albums I've been purchasing lately have been deathrock/postpunk, and
it would be a shame to pigeonhole myself like that, although I would
not mind further recommendations in either of those subgenres. A
couple of my recent album purchases were: Stiffs, Inc. - Electric
Chair Theatre, The Vanishing/Sixteens split single, The Prosaics -
Aghast Agape, The Deep Eynde - Shadowland and Pleasure Forever - Alter
(which hasn't come in the mail yet -- boooo -- but I think I'll like
it).

I also like uncrappy goth-rock, punk of most types, hip hop, glitch
hop/IDM that isn't boring (the Warp and Tigerbeat 6 labels are good --
otherwise I'm not too knowledgable about this sort of thing, but
that's generally what I'm looking for), indie rock, art rock, mashups,
booty shaking music, and lately I've acquired an interest in house
since it is one of the most politically oriented genres out there,
even though it hasn't made much of an impact on the country it came
from. And maybe just a little bit of math rock if Erase Errata are
kinda mathy? And I don't remember what On! Air! Library sounds like
even though I've played them on WRCT before, are they any good?

Thanks to everyone.

Pauline