Not true. (was Re: fuck!!! is this true???!!! Siouxsie sioux dead?)

deeann mikula hartmann deeann at d33ann.com
Thu Jan 8 13:47:14 EST 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Adam Rixey wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, deeann mikula hartmann wrote:
> > but back to goth.  why doesn't anyone ever dedicate a club night to a
> > seminal artist BEFORE they drop dead? (ok, i feel guilty about
>
> They do already, either by way of record release party nights or nights
> with lazy DJs who have no qualms about spinning multiple tracks by the
> same artist.

i just meant doing that intentionally, instead of "being lazy";
playing a few more siouxsie songs than just the big hits and maybe
encouraging people to dress up like siouxsie.  i always liked theme
nights (as long as it's not 80s metal :)

> I think a whole night dedicated to just one artist would be just plain
> awful, though, even if it was one of my favorites.  If there's no variety,
> why not just stay home and listen to an album or two?

exactly, and that's not what i meant.

deeann mikula hartmann

"well behaved women rarely make history."
                 -laurel thatcher ulrich