[ot] strip district recommendations?

Pauline Law plaw at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jan 22 00:00:18 EST 2004

1. which bus do i take there? does it run frequently?

2. i neeeed me some bad-ass, old school, super hard core
fresh-off-the-boat chinese new year's decorations (and i'm pretty late in
getting them!) they're basically thin red pieces of paper with gold
characters painted on them for good luck and prosperity and all that
stuff, although i wouldn't expect most pgh-goth-listers to be able to read
them.  which grocery store has this? do they exist in pittsburgh, or
should i have done my chinese new year decoration shopping while i was
still in boston?

damn. i cleaned my room in preparation for the new year, but now i realize
that it just doesn't feel right between these whitewashed, institutional
walls. i never though i'd say this, but i miss my mom's extremely
traditional tendencies. in this respect, anyway.  [1]

oh yeah, whenever the clock turns past midnight, happy new year, pgh-goth-
list. hope people respond to this quickly so i can go shopping between
11:30am and 3pm tomorrow.

pauline

[1] my mom has this kick ass rosewood shrine imported from hong kong with
a gold-leaf guinyin from china and a picture of my dead grandfather and
red electric candles!