The Rapture,

arcane eolh at cox.net
Thu Jul 1 23:05:45 EDT 2004

manny at telerama.com wrote:
> I think if Ceremony (or for that matter, any regular club night here,
> including EZ Lou's) were actually true to 80s-type sounds, The Rapture
> and other new revivalist bands similiar to them (i.e. bands that sound
> like Gang of Four, A Certain Ratio, etc) would be much better known here
> and you wouldn't be asking that question. Hang the DJ.

Actually, Stephanie (DJ Reason) has been playing The Rapture reasonably
often at Ceremony.  The DJs can't help it if the people in the club
don't pay attention.

Now down here in DC, on the other hand, I dutifully write The Rapture on
the request sheet nearly every week, because I'd really like them to
catch on here, and I have yet to hear them . . .

Matt