Unknown Pleasures on WIUP

Brian J. Parker beep at telerama.com
Wed Jun 30 14:34:32 EDT 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Mari Storch wrote:

> You're all grown up now, Brian. No one will wash your mouth out with
> soap, unless you ask really nicely and Jen says it's okay. *g*

I like to imagine that my vocabulary and powers of expression make me
eloquent enough that I don't require swear words to express my thoughs.

I also fancy myself a healthy eater, particularly enlightened, an
excellent lay, and a clever computer programmer.

In my true moments of lucidity I realize the folly that is vanity.

...anyway, a little anecdote about eating soap: when I was very young,
after watching The Incredible Hulk, I thought it would be fun to, y'know,
play Hulk.  (For the benefit of readers under 18: before video games and
the internet, we played "make-believe" to amuse ourselves.)  But I had to
do something to *become* the Hulk, of course, my equivalent of Bruce
Banner's bombardment with radiation or whatever the legend was.  I decided
that I would "accidentally" ingest some strange mix of chemicals.  I then
decided to simulate this by swishing around some soap in a glass of water.

Yeah, I was a weird kid.  Fancy that, on a goth list.

Brian