Turn Pale/Radio Berlin

manny at telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Tue Mar 9 15:31:05 EST 2004

Property Project is doing the show at the Eye, not me.
The Eye was not my space, I was subleasing as a partner of Soma,
ex-Eye of Horus, and her other partner. For financial reasons this
agreement did not work out.
The Eye now exists apart from me as I have moved my shows and PA to
Garfield Artworks. This is not to say that I would never do a show at
the Eye in the future, I may well do so, I will have to wait and see
how things progress there.

However, meanwhile,
when we compared notes we found out that on the same day Property Project
was planning to do this Rozz Tribute, I had a show with Radio Berlin/Turn
Pale. Radio Berlin and Turn Pale are not just 'Interpol-sounding melodic
postpunk' like it says on pghgoth. They are, in fact, goth bands, who
happen to not dress like goth bands so much as they look like indie kids.
Yet they are certainly deathrock bands nonetheless. Which competely fits
with the sound and nature of this event to honor the king of deathrock
and I'm sure that the RB/TP guys will understand and appreciate this.

So I made the suggestion to unite the two events which makes a lot
more sense than competing. Goth unity and whatnot.
Property Project created an 11 pm afterparty so that RB and TP can play
their sets after the Rozz Tribute has concluded. I have now no direct
connection to this show other than that I'll be there and I'm writing
an article on it for the paper. OK, hope that explains it.

-MT