Turn Pale/Radio Berlin

Your Fascist Dictator raphrat at telerama.com
Wed Mar 10 19:02:36 EST 2004

Quoting manny at telerama.com:

> However, meanwhile,
> when we compared notes we found out that on the same day Property
> Project
> was planning to do this Rozz Tribute, I had a show with Radio
> Berlin/Turn
> Pale. Radio Berlin and Turn Pale are not just 'Interpol-sounding
> melodic
> postpunk' like it says on pghgoth. They are, in fact, goth bands, who
> happen to not dress like goth bands so much as they look like indie
> kids.
> Yet they are certainly deathrock bands nonetheless. Which competely
> fits
> with the sound and nature of this event to honor the king of deathrock
> and I'm sure that the RB/TP guys will understand and appreciate this.

when i saw Radio Berlin, they played at
the dirty punk dive in Tucson with an emo
band and a math-rock group.

context is _everything_.  if they want to
say they're "goth", they're welcome to do that,
but i stand by my description. i'll put up an
mp3 or two on the site later tonight, and i'll
more than likely be at the show, even though
i'm not a fan of Rozz or Eye of Horus.

as for Turn Pale, i've heard they're "goth".

--
http://www.pghgoth.com

\"bradley has been flipping me off for over 5 years and it still
has no effect.\"  - andy deane