i know what i'm doing this saturday...

manny at telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Thu Mar 25 13:03:37 EST 2004

An interesting choice but then there's also:

1) Burnt By The Sun, Rune, First Day Dead, Triangle & Rhino
at Garfield Artworks, all ages 7 pm. $7. (ask for a $2 gothlist
discount).

2) Going away party for John Fail (and CD release for Scatter on his
Cenotaph label) at his house in Friendship. Includes performance by
Cincinnati experimental group Burning Star Core and a bunch of others.
>From about 10 pm onward. Free.

I do, however, agree that Zombi, with its horror-based Fulci/Argento
filmic theme, should naturally appeal to goths (and fans
of John Carpenter soundtracks, Trans Am, 70s keyboard prog, etc). But
then again, a lot of things should cross over here, but don't. That's
why shows are posted on the pghgoth concert page, in my (and Bradley's)
vain hope that someday people will realize this. The scene isn't big,
avoiding shows will basically give you nothing to do - even though in
actuality there is plenty to do most of the time.

OK, now I have to get back to finishing my preview on the Rozz tribute.