bella morte on friday @ the rex

Brian J. Parker beep at telerama.com
Fri Nov 5 10:19:54 EST 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Keeper of Legends wrote:

> <<< I did not care much for their first album, but they've tightened up and
> put on a great raucous live show.  >>>
>
> Actually I liked their Quiet album the best out of all they have done.

Sorry if I wasn't clear; I was referring to Ego Likeness, whose first
album (_Dragonfly_[1]) I didn't care for much.  I understand _Water to the
Dead_ is much more in line with their current style, which suits them well
and which would (I imagine) go over well with fans of Bella Morte's
current sound.

Bella Morte I'm not familiar enough with to speak to their albums-- who
knows, I might fall in love with them if I heard the recent studio
material[2].

Brian

[1] I don't count their pre-_Dragonfly_ CD-R, which I've never heard.

[2] Not that I'm pigheaded, but I already have a wish list of about forty
albums I *know* I want, so until Ed McMahon shows up at my door I'm not
listening to every potentially interesting artist...  I think the only
album I listened to in its entirety was their debut when it was serviced
to WPTS while I had a radio show there[3]!

[3] If you get me or my wife drunk enough, we have a funny Bella Morte
anecdote from that period.