Voices of Masada

manny@telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Sun Sep 18 15:48:52 EDT 2005

Quoting RPD girl <rpd_girl at yahoo.com>:

We had 10 people there.
Not surprising and really not that bad in comparison, seeing as how only
12 people came to Hungry Lucy.
This band Voices of Masada was unknown, has nothing out in the States, and
virtually no club play, magazine exposure or anything. There's no audience here
for gothrock anyway - all the shows that have done well have been industrial
ones, not goth. I just did the show for the hell of it because it sounded like
something fun to do. The musicians were nice and unpretentious and the music
was solid, so it wasn't a pain in the ass.

Also there was that huge Black Dice show at the Warhol.
Because of that, nobody came to the Greg Davis show next door at Modern
Formations either. Them's the breaks, no biggie.

Next time, if you enjoy shows like this, don't keep the information to yourself,
tell a bunch of friends at the club or on livejournal or whatever ;)
Thanks for coming!