'88

manny at telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Mon Apr 3 12:03:12 EDT 2006

Quoting "Sc'Eric (aka darkFIN)" <darkfin6012 at yahoo.com>:

Mind you, the 88 appearance was at a time when their quality was declining.
Their original take on tribal industrial and dark noise (e.g. 'Nomad Souls') had
been replaced by the imitation
of Big Black/pigfucker that is 'This is Truth (etc), and I don't think they did
their classic dance number either ('Tribal Warning Shot'). That later 12" they
did ('Carnivora, meat is good to eat') was pretty funny though!

However that was a time when the Midwest was producing some interesting
takes on Neubauten/Test Dept/TG-inspired industrial - Boy Dirt Car and F/I for
example, as well as Hunting Lodge.