events listings

Sc'Eric (aka darkFIN) darkfin6012 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 22 04:24:29 EDT 2006

  The entire reason PAdarkAlt exists is because there was no single place  where events postings could occur for all of PA without having to sift  thru tons of jabber.  Since posts (and events?) are becoming rarer  and rarer,  I sometimes let thru the odd promotional email from  record labels, or folks looking to sell stuff.  But overall, the  message boards are all "business", not social discourse.

  We also boast a substantial and very organised collection of links to related scene stuff.

  I really like the way Yahoo! sets up their calendar option to send out  reminders and has settings for recurring events... Unfortunately, it's  quite easy for it to get outdated if you're not completely immersed in  the events.  Anyway, check it out!

  ~sc'eric (dj.darkFIN)
    owner, PAdarkAlternative
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PAdarkAlternative/

  ps. If anyone cares to help me update the calendar, please yell!
  pps. Did anyone else NOT get that original post from Mr. Townsend, et.al?

pgh-goth-list-request at listless.org wrote:Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:45:54 -0400
From: manny at telerama.com
Subject: show lists

Quoting j eric townsend :

> >A friend of mine was wondering if there were better ways of finding
>  >about local area small shows than thisishappening (which apparently  > >is really awful at keeping up with the small shows).

sites like this is happening only list shows that people send in.
so if a lot of people don't send their listings there, it won't be on there.

> >Manny, are you still running an ML for your upcoming show
> >announcements?

yes but i am not always so good about sending it out. sometimes i forget :)
however,
if you want to subscribe, it is an automatic d-list that i can't control.
you send an e-mail from your address to list-subscribe at mit.telerama.com
and it automatically adds your address. if you check garfieldartworks.com regularly you will find out most of what i'm
doing too (i also list my non-GA shows there for the most part).

> >  Or if there are other avenues of automatic pesterings of such things?

not that i know of but if you aren't totally lazy you can easily take a few
minutes to check:

pghgoth.com
pittpunk.com
wrct.org  click on music calendar

venues  modernformations.com   quietstormcoffee.com   garfieldartworks.com
therobotoproject.org  (also click on the roboto discussion board where many people also post  listing for non-roboto shows) rextheatre.com
clubcafelive.com  etc etc

> >Yah, I know, we've all become lazy with the internet.  :)
there's another alternative. it's called go to a record store and look at the
flyers on the window/counter/bulletin board (Pauls' CDs. Eide's. Record Exchange Sq Hill. Jerrys. CD store in Oakland
by the Upstage. Brave New World. dave's music mine.)

> >--
> >gwen.
> >gamergothgeek

          PAdarkAlternative