10 Years of Ceremony!

Tara Tempalski masshysteria at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 12:06:52 EST 2006

As most of you may or may not know, The Upstage will be closing its
doors for good on 12/31. Due to insurance-related constraints, the
owner is unfortunately unable to keep this familiar Oakland
establishment open after then.

Fortunately, Ceremony will most likely continue at another venue that
is able to provide the same, and possibly better, dance club
environment. More information on that will hopefully be released later
this week.

But as a lifelong resident of the building that houses The Upstage
(formerly The Strand Theatre) Ceremony has decided to celebrate the
past 10 years there, as well as say farewell to The Upstage, on
Saturday December 30.

The event will host the entire roster of the current Night Shift as
well as a variety of former Night Shift DJs too. This special event is
not to be missed as 12/30 will be the last official night The Upstage
will be open for business. There will also be all sorts of free stuff,
candy, and special touches to really say goodbye to The Upstage (NOT
CEREMONY) in style.

In fact, we are currently gathering as many Ceremony photos as we can
find for a retrospective video loop. Please send yours to:
anniversaryphotos at gmail.com. Thanks in advance!

--Tara