Triphop

DennisCraigLee@aol.com DennisCraigLee at aol.com
Sat Feb 18 17:29:06 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/17/2006 5:09:20 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
manny at telerama.com writes:

Nobody uses the term 'triphop' anymore,
The term is 'downtempo'.

I still use it, but then, I'm nobody. Not that I mind; a lot of 18-21
year-olds voted for me in the last election.

Besides, I like the term 'triphop', it's the last holdout for jazz and it
hints at psychedelia. If I start saying 'downtempo', people will think I'm more
of an egghead than they already do. 'Downtempo' sounds like a magazine beaniks
would have read in the 50's. AND it's just a fancy word for 'slow', and not
all trip-hop is slow.

Uh-oh. Here come the genre name police...

evamo, DCL