triphop, old-school goth-rock, IDM, noise, power-tronics, etc....

manny@telerama.com manny at telerama.com
Wed Feb 22 10:41:49 EST 2006

Quoting Jeremy David <epistemology at gmail.com>:

 the venue in Garfield didn't even have a soda
> machine, or an operating bathroom. Not that I required one, because
> there was nothing to drink anyway, unless of course I wanted to walk
> to the convenience store down the street.

Hey shitbag!
Garfield Artworks is an art space. It's not a nightclub. If you can find a soda
machine at the Mattress Factory, or Modern Formations, or Roboto Project
(I don't think 'DIY punks' understand your precious little needs..), then I will
put one in. If you can find a soda machine at Vox Pop in Philly, in the Eyedrum
in Atlanta, in Soundlab in Buffalo (all spaces fairly similar to Garfield
Artworks) then hell yeah I'll put one in. I think a soda machine would look
pretty crass in an art space and people pressing the button and the cans
constantly clunking down would suck in the middle of a Devendra Banhart show
(much like the kitchen noises and the cappucino machine at Quiet Storm).

But hell, if you want to invest your money and open a whole fancy upscale cafe
like the Warhol has, be my fucking guest. I have other things to do than spend
time folding up pita wraps or whatever.

It just so happens that now I *do* have snacks and drinks here. I've had them
here for many months. And when you were here I might have already had coffee.
But you're too much of a pretentious douchebag, used to your little comfy
oonce-oonce nightclub, to come back and see, and too lazy to go across the
street and patronize a locally-owned business (2 convenience stores, 2 pizza
shops, Vietnamese restaurant, Indian restaurant, and two bars where you can get
6 packs, all within a block, asswipe!) like you *should* be doing. Or you could
have saved some money and just brought your own, douchebag - being that it's an
ART GALLERY, not a bar - but then you didn't think of that and when you get
there what? you blame me for not attending to your alcohol needs?

As for your little one-act play-
I never said anything about 'McDonalds' or 'you must be joking', in fact the
whole conversation below *never happened*. You imagined it and fabricated its
hyperbolic content in your spoiled little mind after you didn't get a soda
conveniently handed to you. So now I will hand your ass to you instead.

As for a bathroom, we always had a working bathroom and we still do, Maybe you
were too stupid to figure out where it was, and doubly stupid not to ask. We
also have heat that's just fine, if you were personally too cold, then either
put on a sweater or ask me to turn up the heat, dickweed.

Let's face it, you're a lazy fuckface. This is Garfield, not Shadyside. You
can't roll out of your dorm room - you have to take a 54C or a 86B to get here.
This art gallery has been here for 12 years and people are more than fine with
exhibiting art here, showing films, and playing music here. You have a problem
because you are a shallow cocksucker who likes to whine and complain when
things aren't exactly like they are at the precious mall where you grew up. So
don't come to Garfield. And fuck the hell off while you're at it. I'm sure the
bars on the South Side, with their overpriced drinks, will enjoy ripping you
off instead.