triphop, old-school goth-rock, IDM, noise, power-tronics, etc....

Jeremy David epistemology at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 12:49:33 EST 2006

On 2/22/06, manny at telerama.com <manny at telerama.com> wrote:
> Quoting Jeremy David <epistemology at gmail.com>:
>
> Hey shitbag!

Hello to you as well!

> Garfield Artworks is an art space. It's not a nightclub. If you can find > a soda machine at the Mattress Factory, or Modern Formations, or > Roboto Project (I don't think 'DIY punks' understand your precious > little needs..)

Manny, you don't know who I am or where and with whom I spend my time.
Your statement is utterly ignorant.

>, then I will put one in. If you can find a soda machine > at Vox Pop
> in Philly, in the Eyedrum in Atlanta, in Soundlab in
> Buffalo (all spaces fairly similar to Garfield Artworks) then hell yeah > I'll put one in. I think a soda machine would look pretty crass in an > art space and people pressing the button and the cans constantly > clunking down would suck in the middle of a Devendra Banhart
>show (much like the kitchen noises and the cappucino machine at > Quiet Storm).

Right. And there is nothing crass about freezing your ass off while
sitting on a metal folding chair. And there's nothing crass about
calling your patrons "shitbag", "asshole" and "lazy fuckface."

I'm not telling you that you need specifically a coke machine. I think
soda is bad for you. I just brought up because when I was there, you
didn't even have that, or even water to drink. Art galleries usually
have water fountains.

> But hell, if you want to invest your money and open a whole fancy > upscale cafe like the Warhol has, be my fucking guest. I have other > things to do than spend time folding up pita wraps or whatever.

No, Manny. I will not be your guest, because you never cease to find
new ways to insult people. I don't need to pay you money so that you
can insult me some more. I also won't be your guest because I like to
know that part of the money that I pay to get into shows actually goes
to the bands - unlike what happened the two times I played for you,
and got shafted. I have no desire to donate to the United Manny Fund.

> It just so happens that now I *do* have snacks and drinks here. I've > had them
> here for many months. And when you were here I might have
> already had coffee.
> But you're too much of a pretentious douchebag, used to your little > comfy oonce-oonce nightclub, to come back and see, and too lazy > to go across the
> street and patronize a locally-owned business (2 convenience
> stores, 2 pizza
> shops, Vietnamese restaurant, Indian restaurant, and two bars
> where you can get
> 6 packs, all within a block, asswipe!) like you *should* be doing.

I'm glad that you know all about what I should be doing. I guess it's
the Intelligent Dance Music that makes you so smart.

> Or you could
> have saved some money and just brought your own, douchebag - > being that it's an
> ART GALLERY, not a bar - but then you didn't think of that and when > you get
> there what? you blame me for not attending to your alcohol
> needs?

Manny, I rarely drink alcohol. I just find it pleasant to find that a
place where I'll pay money to spend several hours has running water
and perhaps a person running it who won't call me an asshole. I guess
that makes me a pretentious douche-bag.

> As for your little one-act play-
> I never said anything about 'McDonalds' or 'you must be joking', in > fact the
> whole conversation below *never happened*. You imagined it and > fabricated its
> hyperbolic content in your spoiled little mind after you didn't get a > soda
> conveniently handed to you. So now I will hand your ass to you
> instead.
>
> As for a bathroom, we always had a working bathroom and we still > do, Maybe you
> were too stupid to figure out where it was, and doubly stupid not to > ask.

I did as a few people who were there. I would have asked you
personally, but you weren't even there, at your own show.