triphop, old-school goth-rock, IDM, noise, power-tronics, etc....

Adam Rixey arixey at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 18:31:19 EST 2006

On 2/23/06, Jordan Harris <jdecay at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> > If I have to sit around
> > for two hours waiting for a late-running show, will it be a
> > comfortable two hours?  Am I going to be in a barren, unheated
> > concrete room the size of a small shack assaulted by 150db speakers
> > appropriate for an arena?
>
> Funny, I'd give just about anything for the chance to play in an old
> cold-war era concrete bunker.

I think that'd be a neat venue visually/thematically; it's just that
all too often in places like that bands still crank the volume up as
if they're in an enormous concert hall.  I don't find that remotely
enjoyable, and that's what I was getting at.  I remember seeing shows
at the Brew House where we left the building, shut the big steel
doors, crossed the street, and it was STILL too loud to not use
earplugs.

> Will I spend the next three days smelling
> > like smoke and coughing up black bits of my lungs?
>
> I love the GA for being a no-smoking venue.

I am soooo excited that this time next year, all venues here will be
no-smoking.  I saw a non-smoking show at the 9:30 Club in the fall,
and it was wonderful.  It was completely sold out, and I didn't have
to worry about backing into a lit cigarette or being ignited by
someone smokin' and dancin'.  I can't wait until everything's like
that...

--
Adam Rixey
arixey at gmail.com