eMusic

Jeremy David epistemology at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 14:46:52 EDT 2006

Allofmp3.com makes no attempt whatsoever to compensate the musicians
whose work they are selling. No self-respecting actual pirate would
pay for the privilege of piracy.

If you're going to copy music in a ethically-shady fashion, at least
have the class to do it in the form of mix-tapes, or by using your
haxx0r sk1llz to get files illegally from t3h intarwebz. Paying
someone to do your piracy for you is lame.

- Jeremy "One of The Musicians"

P.S. If you do snatch music I've made from allofmp3.com, be cool and
buy me a sammich some time. I like the "Leonardo DeVeggie" from
Bruggers. I work on the South Side. I'll give you my office phone
number when you're ready to deliver.

P.P.S. The lameness of paying someone to do your piracy for you is
exemplified best by our third president, Thomas Jefferson, the lazy
land-lubbing scallywag who commissioned an invasion of Tripoli and the
rest of the Barbary Coast (and accidentally founded the U.S. Marines
in doing so.) You don't want to be like Thomas Jefferson do you?

On 7/18/06, gwen <gwenix at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/17/06, Brian Pennington <cellophanesky at mac.com> wrote:
> > as soon as you stop paying money, you lose all your music. And at
> > that, none except eMusic and iTunes work with iPods.
>
> I think http://www.allofmp3.com/ works with iPods as well, since it's
> just mp3 standard.  I can't verify this, though, since my iPod broke
> before I started getting mp3s (second-hand) from there.  But I don't
> see why they wouldn't work.
>
> I don't directly use any mp3 sites these days -- I tried emusic once,
> and while I liked them, they lost my account information after a month
> and wouldn't answer my queries about what happened.  Fortunately, it
> looked from my bank statement like they also lost my financial
> information when they lost the account, so I didn't try very hard
> after the initial run.  Further, I lost almost all of those mp3s in
> one of the great hard drive wipes (sigh), so I pretty much stick to
> ripping CDs these days.  The times I don't is when I'm being
> recommended music by a friend (and I try to buy the hard copies to
> back up my mp3 collection if I like them).
>
> Anyway, a friend of mine swears by allofmp3.com, though, so I'd be
> remiss in not mentioning them somewhere in the topic.  It's a
> pay-as-you-download service, and each album is only about a dollar.
> The only problem is that the RIAA is trying to sue them (which may or
> may not work, since they're not based in the US), so there's a chance
> they may go away someday soon.
>
> --
> gwen.
> gamergothgeek

"A guy walks up to me the other day and asks, 'What is punk?' So I
kick over a garbage can and say, 'That's punk!' So he kicks over a
garbage can and says, 'That's punk?' And I say, 'No. That's trendy.'"
- Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day)