Thanks for Rocking!

Mordant Productions mordantproductions at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 09:14:38 EDT 2006

--- manny at telerama.com wrote:

> I am glad your show went as well as it did.

Thank you.

> However, if you had scheduled the event at Garfield Artworks, as most of the
> gothic and industrial events have been for the past two years or so (both
> through me and through Jim's Distortion Productions), the event would not
> have
> to have been moved, nor would it have cost you as much to produce (I know
> what
> Jerry O'Neil costs to hire for a night and it's $250 more than you would have
> had to pay me). Even if less people came overall, you could have broken even
> with half the attendance you had, as well as much less headache.

Thank you for the offer. I am keeping the Garfield Artworks in mind for future
shows and I'll let you know if I think of something that would fit that space.

[snip]

> And had the show been at Garfield Artworks, you could have certainly given
> the
> groups what you initially guaranteed them, rather than depended on them to be
> nice and 'flexible with their pocket book'. Not that it's your fault, but
> Jeremy David turns out to be quite a hypocrite if he lets you slide, while
> getting mad at me when his band didn't draw on two separate occasions. (If
> you
> remember the exchange where he couldn't even remember what venue it was or
> whether it had a bathroom - turned out he was thinking of the Shadow Lounge
> where I did the Brides show).

I just want to make it clear that due to the tremendous support of the scene,
we were able to pay the bands all of the initial gaurantee. I am less than
thrilled that you brought up a previous argument you had with Jeremy. I have no
interest in getting involved with an old argument. My interactions with Jeremy
have never been less than satisfactory and I look forward to working with him
in the future.

> You did what you could and proved to be very resourceful for your first time
> out, and for that the scene should be thankful. I look forward to hearing
> from
> you soon.

Thank you. I really do appreciate the support. I'll be in touch with you when I
have something in mind.

Joe
Mordant Productions