Thanks for Rocking!

Jeremy David epistemology at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 15:19:46 EDT 2006

On 6/1/06, manny at telerama.com <manny at telerama.com> wrote:
> Quoting your-friendly neighborhood-pain-in-the-ass <deviant_1 at hotmail.com>:
>
> > Joe, don't let Manny get to you. You did a great job.
>
> I wasn't trying to 'get' to Joe. I complemented him on his job and his
> resourcefulness. The compromise he struck with the bands to lower their fees
> is also admirable - parties should be able to compromise in just such a
> situation (Jeremy David are you listening).

Yup. You're funny!

TSN playing for free was my idea. I'm always happy to make reasonable
compromises when someone isn't a jerk.

And Joe actually made enough to pay us even after we agreed to do it
for free, and he did pay us, which is exactly the opposite of what you
do, Manny. I (and many other bands) agreed to play with you and get
paid, and you didn't pay us. I agreed to play for Joe *for free* and
he *did* pay us. I played a show for you, Manny, and you didn't even
bother to show up until after it started and we had already done all
the work. Joe showed up early and busted his ass to turn a disaster in
to a great show.

I'll play a show for Joe any time. Manny, you still owe me.

If anybody out there wants good bands to come into town, support a
promoter who will treat them right, so that they actually come back a
second time.

--
"A guy walks up to me the other day and asks, 'What is punk?' So I
kick over a garbage can and say, 'That's punk!' So he kicks over a