Philly, DC or Toronto?

Matt Condon arcane93 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 5 15:15:26 EDT 2006

Chris Rapier wrote:
> You do know that Philly is based on a grid system as well, right? It
> even predates the DC system. The only diagonal streets are the Ben
> Franklin Parkway and Passyunk Avenue and they don't really get in the
> way of Center City proper. Since the grid is made up of alternating
> one way streets its even easier. I've honestly found Philly to be the
> easiest city to navigate in of all the cities I've had to drive in
> (which is quite a lot). And yes, Philly is bigger than DC if you
> include North Philly, West Philly, and South Philly.

Oh yeah, I don't mean to diss Philly at all, I'm just reacting against
the immediate and curt dismissal of DC.  Mostly because I dismissed DC
myself for a long time (basically until circumstances actually moved me
here), and only now do I realize the mistake that was, given everything
that's down here.

Matt