DC -vs-The World

Sc'Eric (dj.darkFIN) darkfin6012 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 05:14:21 EDT 2006

Actually, Matt, I have to admit that whenever someone brings up DC, I immediately incclude Baltimore and parts of VA in the equation.  The reason is because every time I've been there the folks I meet up with (who are quite friendly enough) always invite me to join them at some afterparty at some other club that is always another 40 minute drive from wherever I initially made my destination to be.  (And, for some odd reason, that extra 40 minute drive is NEVER in the direction of home.)  lol

That aside, the few times I've been to Baltimore and DC, it has been fun and the people are great.  (I especiallly like the people of Baltimore, as they're all quite quirky, unique and remind me of the friends I miss so much.)

Whoever brought up street food.... nice train of thought there.  A good city does need a proper balance between nice restaurants and good street food.  Toronto is more of a sit-down kinda place which is what I was all about during that particular trip.  Chinatown and Little Korea were also pretty awesome and my friend Ned found us an awesome little Korean place for dirt cheap (just look for places filled with mostly asians and you're on the right track to the best asian food.... =)   But other than expensive pizza and coffee joints (whiched closed too early anyway) Toronto was seriously lacking in the street food department.  But that doesn't change my mind....

And whoever mentioned the social outcasting involved in mentioning you're an American in Toronto... TOTALLY DID NOT experience that.  Sure, the people I met interrogated me because they think our President is a fucking moron... but, then, I think our President is a fucking moron, too!  It's all just a matter of perspective, really.

~sc'eric

From: Matt Condon
Subject: Re: Philly, DC or Toronto?

Sc'Eric (dj.darkFIN) wrote:
> DC is too far for the navigation hassles you run into when you arrive and the sheer distance between points of interest.

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

DC is only about a four hour drive from Pittsburgh (or State College,
for that matter), whereas both Philly and Toronto are more like five
hours.  And I'd prefer to navigate DC, with its (admittedly somewhat
flawed, but still functional) grid system, over either of those cities
any day.  The city itself is only 68 square miles (compared to Philly's
135 and Toronto's 247), so nothing's *that* far apart . . .

Matt

          PAdarkAlternative
  state-wide scene resource

    The Lion 90.7fm